Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Marie Mouse is coming together. I have finished her polymer clay paws and hands. I free sculpted them- no molds used. I also tried to size them as if they were cloth ones. If I make another mouse like this - this is one thing I will change. I think making them smaller would be more elegant.

 
 
I am going to add some eyelashes to her face and maybe more puffiness to her cheeks.  The whiskers will be added last. My next step is to make her dress and shoes. After that I can assess the hat. I want a really French delection but I do not want to overwhelm her.
The eyelashes are doll mohair lashes that I have glued using Tacky glue to a leather strip. I will then add them to her face also with glue : ) .
I am adding gold ribbon on the her arms and legs to where the fur meets the clay. Not only will it look more elegant but it adds a measure of extra strength to prevent the arm or leg being pulled out. This little lady will be for looking at- not playing with!

No comments:

Post a Comment