Thursday, September 20, 2012

Step three: Sew all the parts together. The seam allowance is tiny! 2 mm in width. This took a lot of time- if anything shifted it had to be redone. Maybe hand sewing would be easier?
Step four: When all the parts are sewn I turn them and check the seams again. Repairing any that are not good or not strong enough. The foot pads have to be hand sewn on.
Step five:
Prepare the airbrush kit! I use a special copic spray can with a copic marker. I have taken the ear pieces and stuck them to paper with double sided tape. This keeps them still as the blast of air from the can is quite strong and I do not want to be chasing pieces. First I spray the outer ear in bark brown. Practice before you spray your ear. Shading is not hard with this set up, but be sure you can do this before you spray your leather. Or cut out new ears : ) I used chamois leather for these ears.
When this is dry I turn the ears over and use the tape to hold them in place again. I use the marker itself, in bark brown, to outline the ear, and then use peach in the copic spray gun to do the inner part.
Step six: Lay all the turned pieces out and make sure you have your joints handy.
Now we stuff and joint....

No comments:

Post a Comment